NOTE: As of Aug 2021, there are 1 positions open. Please apply if you think you are suitable for the underlying role.
The successful candidate will deliver daily news reports on media coverage around the topics of interest to our clients. News, facts and figures will be extracted from the company’s own apps and tools. Reports are strictly to be delivered during set times during the day.
The successful candidate will be able to read through and sieve out important and relevant news articles which are of interest to our clients and include them in the report.
Analytical thinking and good background on the subjects of interest are needed to provide clients with information that matters.
Necessary training on the background will be provided for the candidate upon joining us. News articles are typically political and economical in nature. News articles are also typically in English and one other foreign language (foreign-language articles will be provided with machine-translated English transcripts).
The candidate would ideally have studied arts, economics or political science in college. Other skills required are good verbal and written communication. The company is a growing startup business and so the candidate should be comfortable to work in an organization that doesn’t have hierarchies, standard operating procedures and work in small teams.
- Fresh graduates from colleges are not only allowed, but they are encouraged to apply for this position if all the requirements are met.
- A bachelors or master’s degree from a good college or university is required for this position. The ideal candidate would have a degree in one of the areas of arts, political science, mass communications or related fields.
- It is important to produce reports for clients sticking to set delivery time (via email) on any day. So, the candidate would strictly need to follow work hours. The candidate will be allotted to one of the two shifts – 8 am to 5 pm or 7 am to 3 pm.
- The role is suited for candidates who are looking to start building their careers in of the fields of Public Relations, Communications, Media and Marketing.
- The candidate should have previous experience and familiarity working with Microsoft Office suite of tools especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- If the candidate is interested in following the news cycles on a topic, especially national or international news, it would help in easily settling into the position as much of the job involves tracking stories and discovering new developments and deciding if end users or customers would need to be updated by way of reports.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are important and will be one of the evaluation criteria during interviews.